Full Project – ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE AND ITS INFLUENCE ON EMPLOYEE BEHAVIOUR
ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE AND ITS INFLUENCE ON EMPLOYEE BEHAVIOUR-
A STUDY OF UNITED BANK OF AFRICA (UBA) PLC
1.1 Background to the Study
Organizational culture refers to a system of shared assumptions, values, and beliefs that show people what is appropriate and inappropriate behavior. These values have a strong influence on employee behavior as well as organizational performance. Organisations around are faced with challenges which necessitate developing their capability to sustain and overcome the forces and factors that affect their performance and gaining competitive advantage by the developing a culture of sustainability and success. Culture is a concept with different meaning to different people and embraces almost all factors that influence an individual’s reasoning process and behaviour, and also influences preferences, decisions and general perspective about the world considering the fact, that most human behaviors are not innate but learned and acquired in an environment over time and it is also combination of tangible and intangible attributes which influence and shape personality and behaviour over time (Adegbite, 2018).
Dasgupta and Gupta (2020) posit that culture comprises values and beliefs of individuals within anentity considered to be the totality of socially transmitted behavior patterns, arts, beliefs, institutions, and all other products of human work and thought characteristic of a community or population and culture is unit of analysis of a nation, organisation, profession, functional area, or a team depending on the unit which can be categorised into; national culture, organisational culture, professional culture, functional culture and team culture.
Kamaamia (2017) states that organisational culture is the shared assumptions, values, and beliefs, that governs how an organization interacts with internal and external environments which strongly influence Employee’s Behaviour when it is aligned to the mission and goals of the organisations which determines managerial actions. Arditi,Nayak and Damci (2017)posit that culture is a guide of shared fundamental assumptions that was learned by a groupas it solved its problems of exterior adaptation and interior integration, that has worked well enough to be considered suitable, though new members are taught the correct way to perceive, think and feel and relate and it also super cedes shared strategy, market presence, and technological advantage because it facilitates common interpretation system for organisation members, making clear what is expected such as; creating continuity, binding organisation members together, and energising meaningful development.
Hussein, Omar, Noordin and Ishak (2016) state that organisational cultures grow under different conditions and history that creates a unique style and personality that required different approaches to be used when deploying a sustainable management system. Laike (2017) posits that organizations exist in within a specific culture or socio-cultural environment that influence the way employees think, feel and behave and organisational culture provides powerful machinery for controlling behavior by influencing the world is viewed in order to achieve its goal successfully by designing policies to impactively utilize human resources. Patel (2017) states that culture is a tool for building brand identity; increase loyalty among employees; attracts and retains talent; and makes advocates out of employees. Moseley (2020) posit that organisational culture defines organisation’s internal and external identity in respect of its core values; transformation of employees into advocates (or critics); helps keep the best people; transforms company into a team; and impacts performance and employee wellbeing.
Gerber (2020) states that Employee Behaviouris a key factor that contributes directly to organisation’s performance and with increased competition in the business arena and it is the basis for analysing cost, promotion, salary increment, dismissal and retention. Although the measures of Employee Behaviourshould be transparent and conform to expectations and standards in the interest of fairness and clarity as enhance the organization policy implementation. Employee Behaviourinvolve the quality and quantity of productivity, rate of work attendance, level of relationship with others and helpful nature and timeliness of output (Shahzadi, Javed, Pirzada, Nasreen, & Khanam, 2014).
1.2 Statement of the Problem
It is widely acknowledged in current discussion of organizational performance that managers have to widen an understanding of their cultural settings if their organizations are to perform impactively. Paschal and Nizam (2016) states that organisational culture is responsible for differences in behavior in different organisation. Employee performance, in relation to organisational culture has received little attention and many researchers perceive the relationship between organisational culture and Employee Behaviourdifferently (Kamaamia, 2017). Uddin, Luva and Hossian (2013) posit that organisational culture adapted to cope with dynamic changes may not meet the varying demand of employee expectations and satisfactions.
Wambugu (2014) found that an organisational value has significant impact to employee’s job performance. Paschal and Nizam (2016)found that organisational culture such as rites, value and heroes significant impact on employee’s performance and that symbols has very weak impact on employee’s performance. Laike (2017) found a positive relationship between organisational culture and performance management practice in ECA and that consistency, mission and adaptability have stronger correlation to performance management practice in ECA while involvement have lower relationship with performance management practice. Kamaamia (2017) found that all components of organisational culture including goal oriented measures, work oriented measures, employee oriented measures, open culture system, and professional work culture enhance organisational performance.
Therefore, essence of this study is to determine the impact of organisational culture on Employee’s Behaviour as critical factors that support banking success. Organisational culture was measured using four out of the six Hofstede cultural dimension namely; power distance; individualism/collectivism; masculinity/feminity and uncertainty avoidance while Employee’s Behaviour was measured using; productivity, commitment, loyalty and other parameters. This study was intended to tackle this paucity by empirically examining the impact of organizational culture on Employee’s Behaviour in the Nigerian banking sector.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The broad objective of this research is to determine the impact of organizational culture on employee’s performance. The specific objectives are to:
- evaluate the impact of power distance on Employee’s Behaviour.
- determine the extent to which masculinity/feminity affect Employee’s Behaviour.
- ascertain the relationship between individualism/collectivism and Employee’s Behaviour.
- determine the impact of uncertainty avoidance on Employee’s Behaviour.
1.4 Research Questions
These research questions were answered;
- What is the impact of power distance on Employee’s Behaviour?
- To what extent does masculinity/feminity affect Employee’s Behaviour?
- What is the relationship between individualism/collectivism and Employee’s Behaviour?
- What is the combine impact of uncertainty avoidance on Employee’s Behaviour?
Ho1: There is no significant relationship between power distance and Employee’s Behaviour.
H1: There is significant relationship between power distance and Employee’s Behaviour.
Ho2: Masculinity/feminity has no relationship with Employee’s Behaviour.
H2: Masculinity/feminity has relationship with Employee’s Behaviour.
Ho3: Individualism/collectivism does not have relationship with employees’ performance.
H3: Individualism/collectivism does have relationship with employees’ performance
Ho4: Uncertainty avoidance does not influence Employee’s Behaviour.
H4: Uncertainty avoidance does influence Employee’s Behaviour.
1.6 Significance of the Study
The finding of this study on the impact of organizational culture on Employee Behaviouris significant in the following ways:
The study will also identify the similarities in the implementation of organisational culture which will be of immense benefit to managers in the course of planning. The study will be valuable to managers of resources in both private and public organisations since they all operate within the same business environment and it serve as a guide for decision making. This study will also be immense benefit in formulation of rational strategies aimed at enhancing employee’s performance. The study will also be beneficial to the students and researchers conducting research on organisational culture.
1.7 Scope of the Study
The scope of this study shall cover the impact of organisation culture on employee’s performance, however in United Bank of Africa (UBA) Plc, Lagos State. The limitations of this study are; the study would be conducted in one company and one city, also focused on just one sector; secondly is that the sample size may be too small for generalisations considering those study on larger scale with more representative sample and lastly, the use of research instrument questionnaire precisely which makes it impossible to capture psychological aspects of respondents reactions as in qualitative research. Furthermore, this study may likely suffer a setback in terms of finding and generalisation due to financial and time constraints which restrained researches area of coverage.
1.8 Operational Definition of Terms
In order to provide clarifications on some terminologies used in the research work, the following terms were explains below;
Culture: Is the collective deposit of knowledge, experience, beliefs, values, attitudes, meanings, hierarchies, religion, notions of time and roles.
Organisational Culture: Is the fundamental beliefs, assumptions, values and ways of interacting that contribute to the unique social and psychological structure of an organisation.
Performance: The accomplishment of a given task measured against predetermined known standards of precision, completeness.
Employee Performance: Is the work related activities anticipated of a worker and how well those activities were executed.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria
Full Project – ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE AND ITS INFLUENCE ON EMPLOYEE BEHAVIOUR